Sunday, October 18, 2009

if you've ever wondered what...

...is outside my window: a grey, drizzly neighbourhood. It has been this way for the past week, with sporadic bursts of sunshine. Lots of snow last week, and then lots of sunshine for 3 days means brown, damp, squishy grass (if you want to call it that) and today it is grey and ready for rain at any time.

...I am thinking: that I cannot wait to go cuddle my new grand nephew. He is only 3 days old and I have not yet seen him or squeezed him.

...I am thankful for: Many, many things. I just have to remember to focus on those things and LOOK UP at all times rather than focusing on all that I don't have. I had a grumbly day on Friday where I wasn't grateful for a darn thing in my life and thought that everyone else was so much better off than me. It was not a good day. Thankfully it lasted for only a day.

...I'm making for dinner. I'm not - my hubby is cooking tonight be/c its the weekend, and I don't cook on weekends! That would be one item I am thankful for! He is making beer can chicken, cauliflower and left-over broccoli/rice casserole.

...I'm wearing: a better attitude (phew!), jeans and a grey sweater. I wear jeans a lot.

...what I had for lunch: Campbell's Gardenay Mushroom Soup. And some 7 Grain crackers from Kashi dipped in Chive and Onion cream cheese. I have to start making better choices SOON because I am NOT enjoying this spare tire that is growing at a rapid pace. Instead of making good food choices I choose to eat popcorn and cookies and cake. Something needs to click and soon.

...I'm creating: I have a project list a mile long and here are some of the things on it; a baby book for my niece, big giant letters for the girls' room, chore charts, bat goody bags for the girls' classmates. And it doesn't end there.

...I'm reading: Nothing right now - still haven't finished the book on Josephine B.

...what I'm hoping for: that my husband will come to the same conclusion as me regarding our house. To sell it, not to renovate it. I am done here and it is time to move on. Other than that, a bit more work, solid child care, kids that sleep and stop getting colds, more time to be creative, a flatter belly.

...is one of my favorite things: my morning chai and time to do bible study

...are my plans for the weekend: Since this weekend is gone and we had no plans (yay!) I'll tell you about next weekend - Friday I'm out for dinner w/ two Mom's from Gabrielle's school then Saturday afternoon/night 3 girlfriends are coming over to scrapbook and eat snacks. Fun!

...what Max would look like in pink sunglasses and picking his nose:


...what I learned in a PSE class:


A little photo montage of my 3 kids that I created for a key hook at our back door.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment