Thursday, January 5, 2012

date with lily

me and my girl had a date last week. it was AWESOME. i LOVE spending time one on one with my kids...and they love it too. she was vibrating she was so excited! as we drove to the mall she said to me "oh. i'm getting tears. i'm so happy!" she had happy tears that we got to have a date. how precious is that?


she had gotten a gift card to Toys R Us for her birthday and it was burning a hole in her pocket so we had to get to the mall so she could shop! she really had a heck of a time deciding on what to buy...she wanted to make sure whatever she got was the BEST toy out there! Barbie it was...actually Skipper and Chelsea - two of Barbie's sisters? it was a great choice - this girl plays with Barbies like no ones business.




of course we had to have lunch. she requested a baby burger and onion rings. YUM! we actually ate before she bought the Barbies, because we had to discuss her options. the other toy she was considering was a Barbie riding a vespa scooter. however, she decided on the 2 sister Barbies as she didn't have any of those before.





i hope my kids will always have dates with me. that time with them is so very precious...i love it. can't wait for the next date!

4 comments:

  1. your daughter is so cute!!! love spending time with my little babe too. happy new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I love having little dates with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! i should take my toddler on a date :) I miss going out with just her.
    www.myoverflowingheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute series of photos and a wonderful memory to have documented. Doesn't it just warm your heart when they get that excited to spend time with their own mom??!! The mother/Child relationship is so amazing and special.

    ReplyDelete