Tuesday, May 22, 2012

remember?

I can post from my iPhone! Eek! That's cool cuz I have so many fantastic blog ideas but by the time I get to blogging, I'm too pooped! Now I can sit in front of the TV and blog. I read a certain blog today of a girl who has, like, 1400 followers and she talked about how she doesn't blog for her followers or for comments but just to record her family history. The stuff she doesn't want to forget about her kids while they are little. And it got me thinking that I just NEED to blog. Who cares if no one reads it, who cares if it's not as funny as I am in real life (cuz I am ya know), who cares if it's not written really well? As long as I am documenting the stuff I never want to forget about these 3 little people I'm blessed enough to have in my life...that is all that matters. I want to remember how Max says "ah-morrow" or "a-day" instead of TOmorrow or TOday. Or how he likes to play Barbies. Whether or not the girls are playing with him. He even defends it to his Dad, saying "they're BOY barbies!" And how he gets upset if we don't get our morning cuddle in bed.
Or how Lily gets REALLY cranky if she doesn't eat regularly. As in get her some food STAT or watch out. And after she eats she's almost instantly back to her normal self.
Or how she insisted on making me a belated Mothers Day breakfast in bed and then was so proud of the gift she made me. A tiny little jar with 2 chocolate kisses in it with some beads. And I want to remember her at her school dance a few weeks ago...how she danced with every thing she had while the other kids barely moved their little bodies. Lily was out there shaking her butt and moving her hips with the biggest grin on her face!
Or how Gabrielle is now 10 and her hormones seem to be kicking in and she thinks the rest of her family is friggin' stupid. Oh, wait, THAT is something I'd rather forget. But I do want to remember how spending an hour alone with her changes our relationship instantly and makes it better and good again. How even at the age of ten she needs alone time with her mum and how I need it too.
There is so much to remember, so much good and fun and joy in the midst of the grind, the routine and the chores. I want to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment