Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm sitting on the deck outside reading a book, eating an apple with PB and Nutella, knowing full well I should be inside doing chores. There's laundry to be put away, theres a dirty floor to be swept and alot of other things on the list that I could do. But not only did I not get the "i must spend every waking minute being busy and productive" gene (sorry about your luck Mum!) I can't help but wonder lately if I'll get to the end of my life and wish I didn't spend SO much time worrying about those kinds of things. I know those things NEED to be done but should I really feel guilty for taking a half hour to relax, enjoy a book and some fresh air? I'm not saying its my mum that makes me feel guilty (but trust me I do when her house gets so disastrous and my family is the cause of it) it's just that as a mum, wife and normal person of society I often feel guilty when I sit down, ignore the chores and just BE. I do often wonder if when I'm 90 I'll think to myself "gee. I sure should have kept the house cleaner and been more organized." Or will I look back and think "I should have played with my kids more, eaten more ice cream and had more fun"??? I actually want to ask my Grandma who is 90 what kinds of things she regrets or wishes she would have done now that she has the perspective of a 90 year old. What kind of things did she stress over as a young mum that she sees now was just plain silly and a waste of time? Our perspective is always so different as we age. I imagine if I spent more time getting organized and doing my best to keep it that way I'd likely cause a lot less stress in my life. Sometimes I let things get so out of hand and chaotic (think TEN loads of laundry to do at a time) I get extremely stressed and mad at myself. I WISH I was more organized but is it even possible after all these years? I wonder. I doubt it. But I hope so. Prayer request??? Dear Lord, please help me be more organized. Amen. Trust me, I pray it more than you can imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment