Monday, June 6, 2011

aaahhhh...

All's right in my world. Why? Because my MIL is healthy enough to take my kids this week! Whoop Whoop!!! No, really, I'm so glad she's feeling better for HER sake and hoping/praying the doctor actually figures out what exactly is going on.

But the bonus to her feeling better, is of course, date night is back on this week! Booyah! to that.

I had a little getaway this weekend for a day and a half and a night. Went up to Edmonton w/ a girlfriend and met another girlfriend who lives there as well. We stayed at the WEM (West Edmonton Mall) and it was dreamy, delightful, relaxing, refreshing...just plain fun. Who wouldn't enjoy a weekend away without kids and with girlfriends? Loved it...love those girls. Forgot my camera though, so that stinks.

I shopped a fair amount and didn't do too badly at all. I bought a few books at Scott's Parable Christian book store in Red Deer. That was nice - to browse around a bookstore without a time limit! Bought a few items at Sephora. Mascara and eye shadow.

Then I bought this lovely jacket at Lululemon. Yes, expensive. But considering I've worn the same Lululemon jacket for 7 years now, and it still looks pretty darn good, I feel it was entirely justifiable.

And I bought this. Another jacket-y type item. I love it. Almost makes me wish for coldish weather so I can wear it! And...get this...its water repellant! Crazy huh?

Anyshways...it was a grand time had by all. I feel pretty darn blessed to have such wonderful friends and a husband that doesn't mind if I go away for a day or two for girl time.

No comments:

Post a Comment