Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2nd, 2011

Here is what I did today...I haven't done it in EIGHTEEN YEARS!



It is a ton of work to get going, but super fun once you are there. Kind of like riding a bike too...I knew what to do even after 18 years. I must say I was awfully nervous about it - didn't know if I could still get on and off a chair-lift or that my 37 year old body would be able to handle a spill should one happen.

The girls loved it, I loved it. I hope it is something we can all do as a family and that my kids will have great memories of skiing just like I did. It is, however, extremely costly. I may have to get another job at 7-11 just to pay for the sport!

I am going to be sore tomorrow...muscles were used that are not used on a daily basis. After a crappy sleep last night (that reminded me of having a newborn that feeds every 2 hours) I am going to bed and will hopefully not have all the interuptions that I had last night. Gabrielle slept in our bed and was up quite often and very fidgety (but thankfully not pukey), Lily was coughing a lot, Max had me up 3 times...it was a horrible night and I was a bit of a bear at the start of the day. However, it was a great day regardless. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment