Saturday, January 29, 2011

mmmmm....cake!

We did a lot of slothing today (well I did anyhow) and that meant a lot of TV (not really that much, just an hour or so). It was pretty dreamy actually to just lie in bed and watch some mindless TV. I love watching cooking shows...like this and this and this. The problem with watching them, is it makes me REALLY hungry for food I cannot access and food I do not make.

I also look at a lot of cooking and baking blogs/websites. Ones like this and this and this. And that is only a handful of the blogs I visit on a regular basis. I could easily be 400 lbs.

The girls and the boy joined me in my slothing and TV watching and we watched TLC's Fabulous Cakes. But then guess what happened? We were all craving cake! Gabrielle asked if we could bake a cake and how could I say no to that??? So we made...

Wacky Bake Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 cake pan.
Mix all ingredients together. Make 3 holes in mixture. Mix together 1 tsp. vanilla,
1tbsp. vinegar and 5 tbps. melted butter. Pour into holes. Add 1 c. lukewarm water and mix until smooth. Bake for 30 minutes.

I make this icing I found here...

And then you get this...




Yummmy!

And then when your kids go to bed and your husband is out you get this...

No comments:

Post a Comment