Friday, January 7, 2011

Maxy Max

I realized today that my little dude will turn 3 in just four months! Sheesh! Where does the time go? I see a few people out there lamenting about the passing of time and how quickly their kids are growing up. I'm right there with you!

I often think of little facts in my head that I want to document about this boy before I forget...things he does and says that are so very Max. He is currently 2 years and 8 months old. He melts my heart on a daily basis.

Max loves to "shave". He got a shaving kit from my BFAM and SIL...(that's Brother From Another Mother) for Christmas and I think it was THE gift for him. Everytime he spies it he says "Max shave?"

He still loves keys. He steals anyone's keys as soon as they walk in the door. We have had to ban him from our good car keys as we've had them go missing several times.

He used to say "Nah." for yes. But that has recently changed to "Ness." Seriously cute.

We are on week 2 of potty training. He's had a few accidents and not too many poops in the potty but we are well on our way. He asks for gum after EVERY pee. Even at 7 am. I think its quite funny that our third kid gets gum at the age of 2. I'm sure my oldest didn't know what gum what 'till at least FIVE.

He is all boy. From day one it was evident this one was a different beast all together. He was born super laid back where as the girls were more fussy. He plays like a boy, acts like a boy and even snuggles like a boy. Much more aggressive in his play and actions. Hence the bruised nose I am sporting from a plastic hamburger. Goes with the territory.

He still naps a few times a week. However, if he does nap he is up until 9:30 pm chatting away in his crib and calling me asking me "Doing?" "Bed Mommy?" "Seeping Mommy?" "Night Mommy!" At that time of night I don't want to hear his voice. It is the cutest, sweetest voice but at that point, I'm done! He is sleeping right now so I'm goign to have to prepare myself for that little voice tonight.

He is snuggly. He loves to snuggle me in bed or on his rocking chair and always asks for "one minute". Meaning, one more minute. Or "One second". After he's in his crib I hear "Nuggle?" I often can't resist and pick him up for one more snuggle.

He's a total Momma's Boy. I have to do EVERYTHING. He wants me to put him to bed every night and if I don't, he FREAKS out. In a major way. To the point that it is just not worth it so I go upstairs and "rescue" him from his Dad. I even have to be the one to get him water, change him, do anything he requests. It gets tiring! Aren't boys supposed to want their Dads?

He used to call Lily "Eee" but now its the sweetest to hear him say "Lil-eee". Gabrielle is mostly "Belle"...a name we've also started calling her. But quite often we can hear him saying "Gab-ee-elle".

He LOVES puppies. He often request we put a leash on him and walk him around. He got a puppy in a cage with vet tools from Santa and it has been quite a hit.

He has a sweet little stuffy called "Ellie" - elephant. Can't go to sleep without him.

Seriously...does it get any cuter?



I'm sure to think of more as I finish this post...hopefully I will update this frequently. Soon I'll do the girls too. Life is passing by so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment